10 May 2010

Behr On the Move


Once again I will be participating in the Arthritis Foundation's Let's Move walk to raise money and awareness. I've participated for the past 5 years as part of my company's team. One year I was the team captain for a one-time walk in San Gabriel Valley.
Let me tell you a bit about why I'm involved in this particular event:
  • Arthritis is the most common cause of disability.
  • 46 million adults (1 in 5) live with arthritis pain.
  • 300,000 children suffer from juvenile arthritis.
  • 2/3 of all doctor-diagnosed arthritis sufferers are under age 65.
  • Arthritis contributes to 9,367 deaths annually.
  • My mom suffers from arthritis. My dad and sister are exhibiting signs of arthritis, too.
I've set my goal a bit high this year: $2000. I've only reached about 13% of my goal. And I'm reaching out to as many avenues as possible to meet my goal. And let me tell you - this is not easy for me to ask people for donations. But I believe in the mission of the Arthritis Foundation, the largest organization dedicated to research, awareness, and patient advocacy.
If by chance you would like to support me in my efforts, please click here and make an online donation. No donation amount is too small. And you will have my gratitude!
Thanks for your time - BEHR HUGS!!

3 comments:

SteveA said...

Great cause dude !

Wonder Man said...

I'm sure we can help a little

Cubby said...

Make sure you take pics and blog about it when it's done.