06 August 2010

Behr Pick: Furry Friday + News

It's Furry Friday!

I'm featuring this woofy bear in a bright orange speedo because here in So Cal the weather has been on par with Spring or Autumn and not Summer. I'm actually okay with this, really, because as I get older I find that I am having a more difficult time dealing with the heat.

Back to the furry goodness: just looking at him makes me feel all sorts of things. Mostly naughty things. Not that that is a bad thing! I love the trail from under his pecs to his belly button. Grrrr! And that beard is immaculate!

On to my news: I saw the ENT again today. Today's appointment last maybe 5 minutes. At least I didn't have to pay the co-pay required by my insurance company. Well the deal is this: It's not an alien nesting in my head. I think it's the alien's egg inside my head. I think it looks like this:

Lovely, isn't it?

Seriously, I do have a cyst-like mass inside my sinus cavity. In about 3 weeks I will have endoscopic sinus surgery. In other words, the doctor will shove something up my nose and scrape out the insides of my sinus cavities, thereby removing said alien egg. (It really could just be a hardened snot ball but that's not nearly as exciting as an alien egg!) It's an outpatient procedure. I was assured by the nurse that I'll be given pain killers for post-procedure pain. Yahoo! Hand me the vodka while you're at it!

To be honest I'm a bit surprised. I really thought it was going to be nothing. I'm hoping, however, that after I'm healed there will be fewer sinus problems and headaches of that nature. Thankfully I have good insurance and the doctor seems competent.

Did I mention he'll pack my sinuses afterward and I won't be able to breathe through my nose? Yeah...really looking forward to that. Imagine my anticipation of having the packing removed! I'm sure some of you have undergone far worse procedures. I thought my kidney biopsy a few years ago was bad. This is going to really prove my mettle. I just hope I don't cry like a big ole girl.

So there's the Behrmark Update....live from Southern California! I'm looking forward to the weekend. Aside from chores (laundry, grocery shopping, etc) I'll be going to a little party Sunday afternoon where large quantities of alcohol are expected to be consumed. Now that I am looking forward to! I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend and watch out for those alien eggs!

BEHR HUGS!!


7 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

I hope everything will go as planned smoothly, effortlessly and painlessly!
It will be like Arnold in Total Recall having this thing out of his nose.
Seriously now: Many Bear Hugs! All the best!

Cubby said...

Not fun :-(
Good luck with it.

Stan said...

My comment seems to have disappeared so I'll try again:
Good luck with the nose thing. I'm so damn jealous of your weather. It's been a Long HOT Summer here back East.
Behr pick is HOT too!
Have fun on Sunday for me!

SteveA said...

Good luck and bear hugs to you! Did you also have a kidney operation? - wow! Hoping this is the last of it!

I like the hottie in the red mankini! lol!

Wonder Man said...

I know you will be alright

Anonymous said...

Hope the procedure goes well. Ugh. I've had a submucosal turbinate reduction, myself. I survived it. You'll be OK. Prayers ascend.

Rick said...

I'm sorry your going through this. My cousin had a similat surgery some 30 years ago but they cut on his up lip and he was in hospital for some time. But then no more headaches and hopefully the same for you.
I've had my nose packed before and the worse part is the removal of the packing. Just something for you to think about.;) Hang in there.