08 November 2009

Sunday Favorite 10


This is how I envision the angel in Tony Kushner's "Angels in America" should look. Conformist ideas and attitudes always assign a more female persona to angels and they're always dressed in white and rather ethereal with big feathery wings. But my vision is more masculine and spectacularly bright. One wouldn't immediately think angel with this fellow, who I think would make a far more dramatic entrance. I don't think anyone can truly imagine what an angel looks like and I highly doubt they look the same to everyone. And most people probably don't believe in angels. If they do look like this guy...then I hope to have a heavenly visitor soon.

BEHR HUGS!!


1 comment:

Stan said...

I agree! While Emma Thompson did an excellent job as the angel, this is what I would envision my angel to look more like.
I've been catching "Angels in America" on HBO because they've been playing in again lately. Excellent film.