19 December 2009

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!!


Many thanks to Mark in DE for bestowing upon me The Circle of Friends Award. I'm honored and humbled. I've never met Mark face-to-face because we live on opposite sides of the country. But we've shared e-mails and friended each other on Facebook. He's a great guy with whom I have a lot in common. He's also darn cute.

In order to "accept" this award I am to mention 5 things I enjoy or like to do, then pass the award on to 5 others.

1. Classical music: It feeds my soul. Here's a true story: when my mother went into labor with me, they put headphones on her and played classical music. I'm not sure what was playing when I decided to finally exit the womb and join the rest of humanity but my mother swears it's true. Perhaps this is why I love classical music. Favorite composers include Mussorgsky, Borodin, Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Mozart, Dvorak, Sibelius, Handel, and Hayden.

2. Disneyland: Living less than 30 minutes away has its advantages. As a kid, I didn't go that often as it was too expensive for my parents and there was no such thing as an annual pass. Why do I love Disneyland? For starters, the corn dogs. Although they've shrunk in size over the years, they're still yummy. It's a great place to watch people, especially stroller daddies. But I think overall it's the memories of being with someone I loved at the time at Disneyland (and Disney World). And I can still go and not be bitter!

3. England: In my post About Behrmark, I mentioned I'd already taken my dream vacation. Going to England, Wales, and Scotland was it. I've been an anglophile for as long as I can remember. I'm especially attached to 16th century England. My trip was amazing and the only thing that would have made it better would to have had someone with me.

4. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary: Located in Kanab, UT, this no-kill sanctuary focuses on healing, caring for, and adopting out animals that would ordinarily be euthanized. I volunteered there once for a few days and it was an amazing experience. I worked with the cats but would like one day to return and work with the dogs.

5. Bette Davis: It's stereotypical, I realize, but I loved her from an early age. In watching her movies I learned how to smoke, be bitchy, wear great designs by Orry-Kelly, and of course how to knock back a gin martini. A true movie star, I can watch her movies over and over and still see some small nuance I previously missed. The day after she died, friends brought me flowers and sent me condolence cards. Yeah...I was that big of a fan.

Okay! Now I get to pass the award on. This is a little difficult in that most of those who I would consider among my circle of friends have already received this award. So I'm going to reach out to those who I would like to get to know better. So I hereby bestow this award to the following blogs: Soundtrack to my Day;Maybe it's just me...; Dwight Supremacy;Michael Rivers: The Blog;and A Day with The Mistress Borghese! Congratulations!

BEHR HUGS!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, my dear Behr!

Dwight Supremacy said...

Aw, thanks! I'll get on it soon! And, by the way, this is my first time! :)

Mark in DE said...

Amazingly, #1 was a complete surprise to me! Really enjoyed your list. Happy holidays to you and Winston.