25 November 2010

Behr Movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1

Last night I went to see a late showing of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1." I assume you have all heard of it. The movie time was 9:50 p.m., which really means 10:05. All the same...I enjoyed it immensely for the following reasons:

*As mentioned by several bloggers, Rupert Gint (Ron Weasley) is turning into one handsome and hunky ginger. (I thought I'd get that out of the way.)

*The faithfulness of the movie to the book. I re-read the book several months ago but my memory isn't what it used to be so there were a few things I'd forgotten.

*I really enjoyed the different cinematic styles used throughout the movie: straight forward filming, the blurry movements, and of course the animated telling of the original hallows

I've read all seven books and now have seen all of the movies (I actually own all those released on DVD). I know it's not easy to adapt a book to the big screen but each movie becomes more and more remarkable. From the cinematography to the acting to the musical score, HP7a (as I call it) is a darn entertaining book.

And if anyone sees this and doesn't wish that he or she was a wizard or witch something is seriously wrong with them!

BEHR HUGS!!



3 comments:

Cubby said...

Good stuff! I totally agree about the animated telling of the Tale of the Three Brothers. I don't know what it was about it, but during those 2-3 minutes of the film I felt like I had an out-of-body experience and became part of the story. To me, that type of storytelling is more enveloping than standard live-action photography. I L-O-V-E stuff like that.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Wonder Man said...

I loved it

Rick said...

You've convinced me to go check it out. Now that all the precious children are back in school this might be a good week to do so.