18 January 2010

Behr Returns (Somewhat)

Hello all! I am almost back into action! Since today is MLK Jr Day, I had the day off from work. So I ventured out into the rain to the nearest Apple store where Kramer and Josh helped me to select a Macbook. I had been contemplating a Macbook Pro but after a series of probing questions, Kramer determined that the plain ole Macbook would suit my needs better.

Along with the actual Macbook, I got a printer too. Apple had a promo where if you bought a Mac you get a $100 rebate on a printer - and the printer they're pushing is $99 and change! So yay for me! I also purchased Microsoft Windows for Mac; this will be good in the event I actually use this for work-related items.

Now for some exciting stuff: I've gone wireless! Earlier in the year I switched to Verizon's FIOS for phone and Internet; wireless is automatically connected. I had to call Verizon to determine the password that the Macbook wanted but once I got that I was on my way. I love being able to sit in front of the TV and surf the net!! Ok, so most of you probably do that already but for me it's a big deal.

The above pic I took with the Photobooth app; kinda cool!

I also purchased the One to One training sessions for a year. Once I activate it, I can make as man appointments I want to get one on one training on using a Mac product. I am taking advantage of this since I'm a long time PC. Now I'm a Mac!! I've pretty much figured a lot out but still having some difficulty figuring stuff out so this will be a good investment.

Once I learn how to download and move pics I should be back in business. I'm hoping that I'll be able to eventually retrieve the thousands of pictures I have on my PC and get them on the Macbook. So my picture selection is going to be slim pickings for a while.

I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and advice and support. I feel so loved!

BEHR HUGS!!!

7 comments:

David Dust said...

Welcome back ... you have been missed!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Larry Ohio said...

Congratz! That's really cool.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Hope things continue to go well!

Steve said...

I'm too dumb to operate a Mac... I'm looking forward to more of your posts to see how you like it.

Nik_TheGreek said...

So, you're evolving technologically and investing in the future... nice...
welcome back

Vic Mansfield said...

Thanks for your comments over at my blog. Look forward to reading more of yours. Cheers.

Mark in DE said...

Congrats on the new computer! I've really missed your exquisite taste in men and photography. ;-)