14 June 2009

Long May She Wave


There are a lot of things I'm not - thin, shy, Republican, overly religious, straight - but one thing I am is patriotic. Today is Flag Day, the day we commemorate the adoption of the flag of the U.S., which came about by resolution of the Second Continental Congress (1777). In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation establishing June 14 as Flag Day. In August 1949 an Act of Congress established it as National Flag Day.

Therefore, I have my American flag hanging outside the house in honor of this symbol of our freedoms and great country. Yes, I know, some of us are sorely lacking in equal rights and our country has its fair share of problems but in observation of other countries, this is still THE greatest nation on earth.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

You are absolutely right.

XOXOXOXO