06 February 2012

Sunday Recap

Congratulations to the NY Giants on their Super Bowl win...although I didn't really care one way or the other who won, I was pulling for Tom Brady and the Patriots there in the last 57 seconds of the game.


I watched the game with my dad at the convalescent home. Although neither of us is really into football, it was nice to spend some time with dad. He's getting better but he doesn't think he's well enough to go home yet. Evidently there will be a meeting on Tuesday to determine his progress and if he can leave. I know he wants to go home but he also wants to be able to move and do for himself to make it easier on my mom. Fingers crossed that the right decision is made.


Back to Super Sunday: Had two favorite commercials. The first was the Chevy Silverado commercial about the end of the world thanks to the Mayan calendar...I laughed about the Twinkies and at the very end when the frogs started falling. I also liked the Great Dane Doritos ad. Although I'm a cat lover I laughed out loud. My least favorite  ad was for GoDaddy.com...come on, it has nothing to do with supposedly naked women, it was just stupid. Visually it was not stimulating and it was not clever at all. An honorable mention to the Matthew Broderick "Ferris Bueller" ad.


I'm not going to comment on the half-time show...except to ask "Where the hell did they find so many muscle guys to play Romans?"


I had a nice "date" on Friday night with O; it was impromptu, which is nice. I picked him up after visiting Dad and we went to dinner then back to my place for an incredible cuddle session. Tomorrow we're expecting rain in Southern California...it's about time. We've been dry and although we've had some cold temperatures we're quickly running out of Winter. The rain is needed.


That's about all for now. BEHR HUGS



2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

glad you some time with your dad and date

Stan said...

I hope things work out for your Dad. I know you appreciate your time with him and I'm sure he does too. You won't regret it. I didn't watch the game at all. I'm glad you had a good date too.
Hugs,
Stan