20 December 2011

Behr Vacation: Day 1

I hate to rub it in, but I'm on vacation this week and next, returning to work on January 3. In my line of work, the last two weeks of the year are slow and it makes sense to take the time now. Although there are issues of weather at times, and the holidays, I enjoy having these weeks off.

Today I went to the Disneyland Resort (DLR), mainly to try to get into the holiday spirit and also to do some shopping for a last Christmas gift for my sister. I started off at California Adventure, which is under renovation and improvement since this park never really took off. Whenever I go to DLR, I must - absolutely MUST - have a corn dog.


It is one of my guilty pleasures. Thank goodness for iPhone!



I only rode a couple of rides at California Adventure, The Little Mermaid ride, which opened earlier this year that I had yet to ride and Soarin' Over California, which takes the riders up into the air with hang glider movements over a film of Southern California locales. I then went over to Disneyland, which was so horribly crowded I didn't ride anything. I had a bite to eat then left the park to go to the big World of Disney store in Downtown Disney to shop.

On my way home I stopped at a few stores and finally found a last gift for my mom. This completes my gift shopping! This is a huge relief, as I'm sure you can imagine.

The rest of the day was spent wrapping presents, doing a little laundry, and watching movies while Winston slept on my lap. Bliss!

If the rest of my vacation days go like this it's going to be a very good vacation!

BEHR HUGS!


1 comment:

Stan said...

Enjoy your time off. You deserve a month off if you ask me but nobody did.
Bounce sleeps on my lap too and gets mad when I have to get up to pee. LOL!
I don't think I've ever had a corn dog.