14 April 2011

Happy Birthday Winston!

Today my boy, Winston, turns 5 years old. Although his exact birthdate is unknown, somewhere his veterinarian indicated April 14 as Winston's natal day.

For those of you who are pet caretakers - not owners because we don't "own" them - you know the absolute joy that a pet brings to your life.

Who else can I rely on to be there for me? To listen to my rantings, albeit from under the bed? And who greets me at the end of a long day, meatloafs on my chest and sings to me? Who snuggles on cold nights and makes sure I get up when I oversleep? Whose unconditional love chases away my loneliness?

Winston will be getting special meals today as well as new toys. I suspect, however, he will spend the day as he always does: sleeping in the middle of the bed.

Happy Birthday little buddy. I love you!


6 comments:

Nick said...

aawww Happy Purrsday Winston. What a cute cat

Nik_TheGreek said...

Happy Birthday to Winston!!!!
He looks cute. :-)

Stan said...

Happy Birthday Winston! You have a great caretaker named Mark there that really loves you and appreciates your love and affection. Here's to many, many more!

David Dust said...

Happy Birthday Winston!!!

XOXOXO

Wonder Man said...

Happy Birthday, Winston

Rick said...

Happy belated Winston. You and my Lucy share the same birthday, weel give or take a couple days. I'm sure your favorite scratching post treated you well.