01 January 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014


Happy New Year!

I am not sorry to see 2013 end. It was a rough year for the Behr, particularly in the Loss of Friends department. I lost my dear friend Rosalee, who lost her third fight against cancer. It was her death that impacted me most. I also lost friends Steve (November) and Brandi (December 31). 

My work life changed too, as my manager left the company and we had a temporary manager for about five months. A coworker was promoted to manager and many changes are being implemented. Like many companies, we're being asked to do more with less. It makes for a stressful, vague work life and atmosphere. Hopefully the new year will see things settling down for my department.

In April I celebrated my 50th birthday. This was perhaps the biggest event and the most surreal as I don't feel my age. At least not mentally. To celebrate I took a few days from work and went to my birth city Phoenix, Arizona to take in a couple Diamondback baseball games. While I had a good time and enjoyed my short trip away, what I thought was a milestone birthday was practically overlooked by family and friends. I've never really cared to be the center of attention but it felt as if no one cared or appreciated that I have been on this Earth for fifty years. I'm over it now but at the time I admit to being a bit depressed and hurt.

My relationship with O morphed throughout the year. At times we were close, at times we drifted, we had moments of honesty, sadness, confusion, and declared love. I'm curious to see where 2014 takes us.

So that's a quick recap of my 2013. I wish everyone a very Happy New Year and my 2014 bring you love, joy, happiness, and incredible sex!

BEHR HUGS

8 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

A Happy New Year to you too!!!! And may we and can we have all the love, joy, happiness, and incredible sex! Can one have too much?

Matthew Gregory said...

Happy New Year HUGS to you, behr!

Anonymous said...

¡MERRY 2K14!

Stan said...

A very Happy & Healthy New Year to you Behr.
Hugs,
Stan

BosGuy said...

Wishing you a happier and healthy 2014.

Mark in DE said...

Sincerest wishes that 2014 is a happier, more enjoyable year for you! HUGS!!

Wonder Man said...

happy new year, hope we see each other

Rick said...

The best for 2014!