27 November 2011
26 November 2011
24 November 2011
23 November 2011
20 November 2011
1. How old were you when you knew you were gay? I was 17 when I started suspecting. This is despite having a crush on another 5 year old boy in kindergarten and fooling around with other boys at the age of 11. I was always a bit slow about such things.
2. Have you ever had sex with the opposite sex? Eeww no!
3. Who was the first person you came out to? The first person I came out to was myself. I struggled with self-acceptance and couldn't share my discovery with anyone until I was comfortable with it. I was always afraid of disappointing other people or hurting their feelings or even being rejected. Thankfully I really only lost one friend over it. Maybe I'll blog about that some time.
4. Are you out to your family? Yes. And no. It's complicated. I came out to my parents over 20 years ago and we still don't talk about it. They made me promise I would not tell my brother and sister. To this day I've not talked to either of them about it.
5. Do you want children? I knew I didn't want children long before I knew I was gay.
6. Do you have more gay friends or straight friends? About 50-50 I think although it seems most of my FB friends are men.
7. Were you out in school? Not in high school. I was fairly out in college.
8. Is your best friend the same sex as you? Yes. He's a very handsome bear.
9. If your best friend is the same sex, have you ever had sex with them? No, we never had full on sex although we had an incredible make out session when we met.
10. Have you ever done crystal meth? Never.
11. Have you ever been in a sling? No. There's a curiosity but the opportunity has never presented itself.
12. Have you ever done a 3-way? Absolutely!!
13. Have you ever dressed in drag? Does Halloween count? Years ago I was the only male in my department and we dressed up as Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I was Snow White.
14. Would you date a drag queen? I have often found myself attracted to men who are outside my conscious realm of what I find attractive...so I'm not sure. I think that packaging is important in terms of initial attraction but it truly is a person's character that is important. Often I've met men who I didn't think were my type physically but once I got to know them I saw their beauty.
15. Are you ‘fixed in your ways’ as it were? I'm not sure I understand this question...
16. Cher or Bette? Are we talking Davis or Midler?
17. Have you dated someone of a different ethnicity? Oh yes....in college I dated a black man from Belize and I have a strong attraction to Latinos.
18. Been to Fire Island? Saugatuck? Key West? Ft. Lauderdale? Palm Springs? No. No. No. No. Yes.
19. How many Madonna CDs do you own? None.
20. Name of your first love? Oscar Mayer. I wanted his wiener mobile.
21. Do you still talk to them? No but I sing his name frequently.22. Does size matter?
24. Biggest turn off? Bad teeth.
25. Ever been harassed due to your orientation? Yes absolutely.
26. Worst gay stereotype that applies to you? My favorite actress of all time is Bette Davis
27. Ever been to a pride rally? No. I have no need to wave a flag or mingle in a crowd of drunks to feel good about myself.
28. Would you marry if you could? I was proposed to back in 1989 before same sex marriage was even on anyone's radar. I said yes. However, nowadays I believe I'm too set in my ways to actually be someone's life partner.
29. Would you rather be rich and smart or young and beautiful? Intelligence is a total turn on. While having enough money to not worry about tomorrow is great, being comfortable is fine with me. I've never been beautiful and I still sometimes think I'm in my 20s rather than pushing 50. So I'd rather be my age and smart.
30. Do you sculpt your eyebrows? What's sculpting eyebrows?
31. Do you trim your body hair? NO!
32. Ever had sex with more than one person in a day? Yes. Several times.
33. Ever been to an orgy? Yes I have.
34. Which character in “The Women” best reflects you? As much as I'd like to be Crystal Allen or Mary Haines...I'm afraid I'm Lucy.
35. Favorite gay expression ? Hey Gurl!
36. How may ‘ex’ do you have? More than one less than ten.
37. Do you believe in fairies? The radical kind, yes.
38. Do you have any tattoos? No.
39. Do you have any piercings? Yes.
40. Would you date a smoker? As a former smoker, this is an interesting question. I would have to say for my present nonsmoking state, no. If you're talking 420...a casual user is fine.
41. If you are male, do you know many lesbians? What's 'many?' I know some mostly at work.
42. Do you know anyone who has died from HIV? Yes.
43. Are you part of a gay organization? You mean like a gay mafia?
44. Is your gym cruisy? What is a gym?
45. Grinder or Scruff? I was never on Grinder; I was on Scruff for a short while.
46. Are your best years behind or in front of you? They're right now.
47. Got Porn? Yes.
48. Make out music? Classical, preferably Shostakovich or Rachmaninov.
49. Ever been in love with a straight guy? Of course...my best friend in high school.
50. Did you ever have sex with him? No.
51. Have you ever been to a nude beach? Yes.
52. Have you ever been to a bath house? Yes. I went all through college and as recently as 4 years ago.
53. Ever had sex in public? Yes.
54. What gay gene did you miss out? None - I'm the full package baby!
So there you have it...some amusement for this Sunday. Feel free to comment. And why not copy and repost into your own blog for the rest of us? BEHR HUGS